Community Outreach is critical to the vitality of Healing Winds Vermont. We are constantly in search of speaking opportunities and creative ways to create awareness of our program to the public at large.
Fill out the form below to begin your rewarding journey with Healing Winds Vermont.
Community Outreach Roles & Responsibilities:
Can You Help With Any Of These Things?
- Understand the mission of Healing Winds and be able to articulate our value
- Develop and maintain a replenishing system for rack cards in each location
- Organize outreach efforts of spreading the word of who we are and what we do
- Help maintain database of point people in each rack card location
- Help arrange speaking opportunities
- Help canvass all hospitals, respite houses and other locations to place rack cards
- Help with End of the Year follow up calls to passengers and nominees
- Looking for year around opportunities especially during the spring/summer months (February – July)
- 4-12 hours per month (include meeting and outreach events)
The Ultimate In Community Outreach
Karen Newman was a champion. She was a champion for Healing Winds Vermont AND a World-Class athelte.
A gifted athlete, Karen excelled at all sports, but speed and endurance sports were her favorite. She won a silver medal for the Masters Age Group at 2012’s Triathlon World Championships in Auckland, New Zealand, and was the top American finisher. In 2013, Karen won 4 gold medals for the USA, breaking the Huntsman Senior Games National record in a time of 1 hour eleven minutes (1:11), a symbol of the Holy Trinity to Karen. Despite her diagnosis of stage-4 metastatic breast cancer, in November of 2018 she achieved a life-long goal of winning the national Age Group Aquathlon championships.